Psst… Here are 6 insider tips for creating quality online content.
We get it. Making video content can be intimidating. While you can probably lead a 45 minute HIIT class in front of 35 people and not break a sweat, put you in front of a camera and ask you to do the same thing and BAM!! Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy… mom’s spaghetti… OK we’ll stop.
We hear many reservations from coaches when they first take their business online, but this is the main one:
“But my videos won’t look like <insert millionaire celebrity/ model/actor/influencer name with their own personal app>”
Agreed. But unless you are prepared to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to hire a team of 12 people for pre, production and post production support across content research and planning, lighting, styling, filming, sound, editing, marketing, sales and technology… then you may need to adjust your expectations.
The good thing is, it’s 2020 and people are increasingly more interested in authentic, and genuinely useful content from people they trust, than they are in highly curated content.
That means, your clients want YOU. The real you. Not you pretending to be someone else. And when they can’t be with you in person, they’ll want even just a slice of that experience that only you can provide, but in an online format.
Thanks to social media as well, people are very comfortable with user generated content — no Paramount Pictures required!
While there is fine line between “this is authentic, I love how natural the coach is in this session” and “did she even know she was filming this? I can’t hear or see a thing!” — what you can create these days from your smartphone alone and using a couple of easy tips and tools, is mind blowing!
Here are our top tips:
- Plan ahead: While you know your clients best and the kinds of sessions they want you to provide, block out some time to think more about the ‘what’, ‘how’, ‘where’ and ‘when’ for your filming your session.
- Invest in some basic equipment: A tripod and lapel mic are both cheap to purchase online, and can make a big difference to the quality of your sessions.
- Do a test run: Record a 2 minute trial run of your session and then re-watch the video to make sure you are in the frame, your instructions can be clearly heard (if being provided) and the lighting is right.
- Be yourself: As we said before, people want the REAL you so bring your personality and enthusiasm to your session. If you make a mistake, often that’s totally fine, make a joke of it and keep going.
- Use In-Shot for any editing: The free version of this app is good, however the pro version is great and includes access to a variety of royalty free music.
- Upload to KIXXFIT: We make setting up your own online service easy. With Coach accounts starting at just AU$11.99, it’s the perfect platform for you to grow your own online service, your way.
Implement these important tips, and you’ll be on the right track to making great content, easily!
Download the KIXXFIT app from the App Store today, and feel free to get in contact if you want any more information.